Financial Controller - India
The Financial Controller for the Forkardt India Company, a subsidiary of Hardinge Inc., primary focus is the preparation of management and statutory accounts, monthly reporting packages, forecasts (Income Statement and cash), and budgets for the new Indian company. The role will also be supportive of non-financial managers in preparing internal monthly reports as well as involving a high degree of sales costing analysis. Additionally, and with equal importance, the role will include the responsibility for local office management, overseeing sales administration and ensuring compliance with all Government Rules with regard to Direct and indirect tax, Registrar of companies , Pollution control department, Labour Department, etc. with relevant authorities, locally and nationally. Finally, in addition to the ongoing responsibilities shown below, the role will be heavily involved in Reserve Bank of India (RBI) relationships and transactions for the company.
The role will report to the general manager of the Indian company.
• Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Timely and accurate preparation and submission of corporate reporting packages on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Preparation of local management control and performance reports including commentary on results and forecasts.
• Supervision of team responsible for accounts reconciliations and banking operations.
• Supervision of outsourced activities and consultants
• Implementation, review, audit, and critical appraisal of SOX controls and procedures within the business’ ensuring compliance.
• Ownership of company KPI’s ensuring timely completion and review.
• Balance sheet reconciliations.
• Government and local authority returns and compliance with respect to Pollution and Labour departments.
• Involvement and ownership of preparation of statutory accounts and timely completion of statutory Audit
• Sales and Margin analysis and interrogation.
• Variance analysis and commentary.
• Planning and Management of internal and external audits, and preparation of comprehensive information packs to ensure a smooth audit.
• Forecasting on a weekly and monthly basis, and involvement in annual budget setting process.
Education and Experience:
• Recognised accounting qualification (equivalent to ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with at least 8 -10 years post qualification experience.
• Manufacturing background essential
• Costing knowledge preferred
• Must have worked in ERP environment ERP usage experience, JDE/SAP preferred and knowledge of Tally accounting Software
• US GAAP reporting
• Sarbanes Oxley exposure
• Excellent IT knowledge including Excel to high level
• Analytically minded
• Commercial thought process
• Control focussed to ensure ‘no surprises’
• Ability to work on own initiative using experience, and challenging the ‘status quo’
• English language is essential
• Experience with banks for arranging Bank guarantees, LCs etc.
• Knowledge of RBI (Reserve Bank of India ) circulars and liaison with Banks for remittance to parent company –Profits / Interest etc.
• Problem solving, decision making, assertiveness, effective verbal communication, collaboration and teamwork abilities are MUST.